Friday, August 11, 2017

My Quest to Wake up on Time - and Feel Rested



You’d think that after nearly four decades of life that I would have mastered the ins and outs of sleeping. Go to bed; wake up. What could be simpler? Easier said than done; I’ve found.

Doubtless many readers are painfully aware of this. Sometimes, falling asleep is a herculean task. And rising in the morning is not much better. It might even be worse – for example, if you haven’t gotten your requisite eight hours.

What to do?

This blog will explore, from a layman’s vantage point, the finer points of getting rest and feeling well-rested. To some extent it will be a chronicle of my own journey which is, believe me, ongoing.

My plan is to write about everything sleep-related, from diet (what to eat, when to eat, etc.) and exercise (some more whats and whens), to mattresses and patterns of brain waves, to sleep formulas and technology.

I am not an expert. I am neither prescribing anything nor guaranteeing results. I can’t even guarantee results for myself! I’ll be blogging as an interested observer. And I am interested! Deeply – in the economic sense as well as in the mental-fascination sense. I need to get some quality sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment